The purpose of the Parent & School Organization (PSO) is to enhance the school experience for the students of St. Joan of Arc School by serving and supporting the administration, faculty and school families. The St. Joan of Arc PSO is a volunteer organization. All SJA parents, faculty and staff are members of the PSO and are encouraged to participate.
Debbie Campbell – President
Debbie has been a member of the Parish since 2014 and her children have been attending SJA since 2013. She will be serving as President until 2023.
The President presides at all meetings of the PSO and its board. The President also serves as liaison between the PSO and the school administration, school board and most parent run programs. The President also attends School Board meetings.
Kerry Amato – Vice President
Kerry has been a member of the Parish since 2016 and her children have been attending SJA since 2016. She will be serving as Vice President until 2022.
The Vice President presides at PSO meetings in the absence of the President. The Vice President also helps to coordinate new programs, social or service projects, and oversees all school wide activities during Catholic Schools Week.
Floretta Soldato – Treasurer
Flo has been a member of the Parish since 2014 and has had a child at SJA since 2020. She will be serving as Treasurer until 2022.
The Treasurer is responsible for maintaining the PSO general checking account. The Treasurer keeps records of all receipts and disbursements of PSO funds and an itemized accounting of fundraisers. The Treasurer prepares a monthly report of all account transactions. The Treasurer is available for providing funds to members for payment or reimbursement of approved expenses.
Jenny Vaupel – Secretary
Jenny has been a member of the Parish since 2014 and her children have been attending SJA since 2015. She will be serving as Secretary until 2023.
The Secretary records minutes of all PSO meetings and provides copies of the minutes to all board members and the Principal. The Secretary also prepares communication to school families regarding SJA PSO sponsored activities.
Sarah Krapec – Ex Officio Secretary & VP
Sarah has been a member of the Parish since 2015 and her children have been attending SJA since 2015. She will be serving as Ex Officio until 2022.
The Ex Officio is a newly created role. The Ex Officio can share duties with other Executive Board positions as needed, allowing for the possibility to job-share. The Ex Officio holds office for a one-year term, which can be renewed through discernment.
PSO School Programs
- Arts Alive
- Brings art alive in each child’s classroom with parent volunteers presenting an artist and a hands-on activity.
- Engages students and families that small actions drive big results through the Box Tops fundraising program for SJA.
- Catholic Schools Week
- Celebrates Catholic Education with various activities throughout this week in January, such as an all-school assembly, school-wide service projects and fun themes and contests.
- Charger Support
- Supports a school family during a time of need, such as setting up a meal train or carpool.
- Invites all families to dine at local restaurants on specific dates, with a percentage of purchases going back to SJA benefiting our teachers and classrooms.
- Recognizes the hard work of our teachers and staff throughout the year with special gifts and meals.
- Faith Matters
- Brings our school family together through prayer, community and service.
- Family Centered Social Events
- Organizes fun social events for families to enjoy, such as Mother-Son Bowling and Daddy-Daughter Dance.
- Provides a friendly reception at many special events throughout the school year.
- Junior High Coordinator
- Assists with communications and planning for junior high events.
- Room Parents
- Assists elementary school teachers with various classroom events, including holiday parties and sacramental activities.
- Provides school children with the gift-giving experience during the Christmas season.
- School Supplies
- Helps during Orientation to organize, set up and pass out school supplies that were ordered for the new school year.
- Social Chair Parents
- Facilitates various ways for school families to stay connected and informed outside of the classroom to promote inclusion and a sense of community.
- Assists with directing traffic in north and south lots at the beginning of the school year.
- Uniform Resale
- Provides an opportunity to sell gently used uniforms to SJA families at a discounted price.
- Provides an opportunity for dads to spend a full school day engaging with students in and out of the classroom, helping as a positive male role model for SJA students.